This position’s primary focus is to create an organized and supportive environment for our team and our business as a whole. The role is also a support role for our founder, to help her stay organized and on task as she creates new content (both paid and free) to support her customers and potential customers.
This is a virtual position and it isn’t always a 9-5 job. This position involves working some evenings and weekends, and at times, responding to team members outside of work hours. Also, because our business uses an online launching business model, a few times per year there will be the need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends preparing for program launches.
This is a part time position that has the potential of growing into a full time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our Virtual Assistant will be responsible for ongoing support for our business and our team. You will:
- Oversee Customer Support
- Manage schedules and calendars
- Manage social media accounts (responding to comments, schedule posts/tweets, keeping track of analytics)
- Credit Card Dispute Resolution (chargebacks) and update systems as necessary
- Write and review email materials and blog posts prior to distribution for accuracy
If you have experience in the following areas, it’s a PLUS!
- You have worked for or an online business before
- You have participated in any of One Big Happy Life’s programs: Startup CEO, YouTube Made Simple, or Wealth Builder’s Academy.
- You have experience using any of the following programs/applications: Google Suite (mail, docs, drive, calendar), Dropbox, Kajabi, Asana, AirTable, Calendly and Help Scout.
We’re Not Right for Each Other If:
- If the last time you read a non-fiction book/article/podcast/video about business, marketing, or self growth was three months (or more) ago, then this position is NOT for you. This position requires a genuine interest in what we are all about.
- If you’re looking for a “side job” while you’re growing your own business, then this isn’t for you.
- If you’re not willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement, then this is not for you.
- If you’re not willing to take initiative with tasks, then this is not for you.
Skills and Abilities
- Bright, positive attitude
- Can handle tight deadlines
- Works well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and contractors
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go
- Technologically savvy
- Can handle direct & blunt feedback and course correction as necessary
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously —gets things done, meets deadlines and keeps promises.
- Insane attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate
- Ability to present ideas and metrics clearly and concisely
- Extremely flexible
- Coachable/no ego – happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Ability to secure, manage and allocate resources at all times
- Outstanding communication skills / Ability to create strong relationships with vendors, contractors, customers, key people from other organizations
- Strong ability to solve problems (creative problem solving)
- Not locked into working 9-5, but embraces an “until it gets done” attitude
The Virtual Assistant position will have a strong pulse on the business, staying in the know on top priorities, while focusing on the specific action items that keep the business moving forward on a daily basis. If you feel you are a strong fit for this position, see the details below!
What We Do
We empower people to build wealth and manage their finances while creating and living the life that they love.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping people break free in the areas of financial difficulties that were once holding them back. We give them tangible proof that small actions every day can build wealth and create a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Tasha Cochran from “One Big Happy Life” where she helps people who like nice things build wealth while also enjoying life today, or from her digital courses that help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies.
- One Big Happy Life is a family-run company. When you join the team, you join the family.
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Tasha has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team One Big Happy Life we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please email email@example.com with the subject line “OBHL Virtual Assistant” and include the following details:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- A short (no more than 3 minute) video introduction
- Answer the following questions:
- Tasha’s email inbox has 350 unread emails. What process would you use to address and organize her emails in order to get to inbox zero?
- You’re assigned a task to email a segment of the OBHL email subscribers using Convertkit to remind them about a Facebook live. What steps would you take in order to complete the assignment?
- You’re tasked with scheduling this month’s Facebook lives in an OBHL private Facebook group. What steps would you take in order to complete the assignment?